Monday, February 9, 2009

Wonderful Tonight - page 2




Just before we entered the club, after Lydia had removed her jacket in anticipation of entering the warm building, I turned to her and suddenly caressed her cheek. Her skin was so soft to touch ... like warm silk.

Joseph: You're so beautiful, Lydia ...

Lydia: Joseph ...



I was so overcome with my emotions ... and the physical sensations traveling all over my body just from that simple, intimate touch, that I ended up tripping over the doorjamb when entering the club. Talk about embarrassing. I didn't bother turning around to see if Lydia laughed (or not). I heard her soft giggle. It wasn't a laugh of someone making fun of someone else, or laughing at someone else. It was more like a laugh to show an understanding of sorts. I wondered then if she felt the same way I did about that brief touch.



Instead of sulking at how clumsy I was, I decided to immortalize the moment, our first date, by having us get our picture taken. Lydia was all for it!



Joseph: This turned out rather nice.

Lydia: Can I see?

Joseph: I don't know. Are you sure you can handle it?

Lydia (laughing): Joseph, you clown, let me look!



Joseph: Tadaaaa!

Lydia (smiling softly): We look ... very good together.

Joseph (smiling softly): Yes ... we do.



Lydia: I think it was a very good idea getting our picture taken together.

Joseph: I couldn't agree more.



After being immortalized, I decided that the lunchmeat sandwiches that we'd eaten were not enough to energize us for a wonderful (and hopefully long) evening together. So ... I insisted we have something decent for dinner. Lydia assured me that it wasn't necessary, but after I strongly insisted, giving her the "puppy eyes", she acquiesced with a soft laugh and a shake of her head.



While we sat waiting for our waitress, I wondered to myself what Lydia's favorite food was. I wondered if she might like spaghetti ... since that was one of the only decent things on the menu that I could afford. I hoped she wouldn't mind, but it never hurt to ask ... and ask in a way that didn't make it seem as though I was hoping she'd go for my suggestion.



Waitress: We have an excellent selection of foods this evening. Would you like to hear our specials?

Joseph: Umm ... no. Actually, I think I'm in the mood for spaghetti. What would you like to have, Lydia?

Lydia: Mmm ... I love spaghetti!

Waitress: An EXCELLENT choice. Our spaghetti is highly praised throughout Belladonna Cove.

Joseph: We'll take two orders, please.

Luck was DEFINITELY on my side this evening ... and maybe love, too?



The waitress quickly returned with out meal, much to my surprise and pleasure. If it was one thing I hated (or think I hated) was waiting forever for a meal.

Waitress: Enjoy your meal.



Of course, I didn't really notice how much time had passed or really even notice that our meals had arrived (though I guess I had on some level) ... since I spent that time staring into Lydia's beautiful eyes.



All other sights and sounds around us faded away. It was like we were encased in a protective bubble, but a bubble that instead of dulling sights and sounds and smells and tastes seemed to enrich them. The spaghetti ... the flowers on the table ... Lydia. The smells infiltrated my olfactory cavity and nearly overwhelmed me. I began to wonder if Lydia was enjoying herself so I found myself starting up a conversation.

Joseph: Are you enjoying your spaghetti?

Lydia: It has got to be THE best spaghetti I have ever tasted!



I don't know what came over me at hearing her say that because I suddenly found myself doing something extremely sappy.

Joseph: If you think yours tastes good ... you should try a bite of mine.

Lydia: Oh. Thank you! I think I will.




Joseph: Good?

Lydia: Mmmmm ... heavenly.



Joseph: I'd like to make a toast. To us.

Lydia: To us.

She smiled at me with that small smile that I was beginning to cherish. I had no idea why she had entered my thoughts earlier in the day. And I had no idea what possessed me to invite her over for sandwiches before suddenly asking her out on a date. But ... I was so very glad that I had.




Page 3


4 comments:

CeeCee said...

Yay! I'm loving the red hearts floating around everywhere. These two really have it bad for each other don't they?

Just out of curiousity, are they 3-bolters?

MysticSpirit said...

Nope. 2-bolts. :O)

Mao said...

Aww, how sweet! Is he gonna pop the question??

AeronwyDiobhell said...

*grins* Glad he's so smitten with her he's making himself clumsy. That's kinda sweet.

Wow, they actually got their picture together. Yay for taking things slow!

Ooo, you got lucky that she loves spaghetti and meatballs. :-D And they didn't wind up with food all over themselves!

*blinks at Joseph* I'd think it would taste the same as hers, wouldn't it?

Glad their date is going so well. *cheers*